Price 11’500 CNY/ 1780$ + Flight arpoximately US$ 350
This budget trip is designed for people who want to experience Mount Kailash on their own. The Chinese Government does not allow individual travel in Tibet. But we provide the nearest you can possibly get to individual travel, enabling you to reach Kailash in your own way and at your own pace. From us you get not only the basic travel arrangements, including flights and land transportation, but also vital updated information and an equipment list. I have also written a short leaflet, which I will distribute when people book, with lots of detailed information from my pilgrimages to the holy mountain.
Included: Flight (around 350$ depending on booking class) and transfer from Kathmandu to Lhasa; drive to Mt. Kailash; drive to the Nepalese border (see itinerary); all permits and road tolls in Tibet; local guide and driver.
Excluded: Anything else! food; accommodation; visa for Tibet; re-entry visa for Nepal; the Kailash circuit/ and grassland fee; porters and horses for personal transport; cost in case of emergency. Transport from the Nepalese border to Kathmandu.
- Day 1. Flight and transfer to Lhasa, arrival at approximately noon
- Day 2. Lhasa, individual acclimatisation
- Day 3. Lhasa, sightseeing
- Day 4. Lhasa, sightseeing
- Day 5. Lhasa – Lake Yamdrok Tso – Gyantse*
- Day 6. Gyantse – Shigatse*- Sakya*
- Day 7. Sakya* – Lhatse – Saga
- Day 8. Saga – Mt. Kailash
- Days 9,-12, Kailash (4 Day kora!)
- Day 13. Rest day at Lake Manasarovar
- Day 14. Manasarovar – Saga
- Day 15. Saga – Kyirong – Resuwar (Nepalese border) *Sightseeing opportunity
- Day 16. Resuwar – KTM (Drive not includet)
Please note: We operate with small groups of 4 – 16 people only and provide vital updated information and an equipment list. We will not be responsible for extra costs incurred due to landslides, road blockages and other such weather-related problems. You are also responsible for your own health. Our arrangements, however, are designed to allow sufficient time for acclimatization in Lhasa.